P/T Administrative Assistant Needed
The Greenwood County Community Foundation (GCCF), a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, seeks a responsible part time Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. This position would require a commitment of approximately 15 to 20 hours per week, with duties to include providing support to the President and Director of Grants and Projects, plus assisting with daily office and financial tasks and other general administrative activities as needed. The ideal candidate would also have a strong social media background with the ability to maintain and update multiple platforms. This role would also update the organization’s database, keeping it current.
- Assist President with scheduling appointments.
- Collect and process written and telephone communications to include correspondence with donors, fund holders, and others.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing and pertinent record keeping system.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Process daily incoming mail.
- Process all incoming contributions or payments and prepare for deposit.
- Update and maintain donor database and other profiles; create contact lists as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required or desirable skills:
- Experience in an administrative support or similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of common office equipment (computers, printers, phone systems).
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative products (InDesign, Photoshop) desirable, but not required.
- Proficiency utilizing social media platforms (primarily Facebook).
- Ability to prioritize tasks with attention to detail, and complete in a timely manner.
- Willingness to learn the Foundation’s donor and granting software platform (CS Suite).
- Proactive problem solving.
A high school diploma, or 2- or 4-year degree, and/or work experience that is directly related to the area of employment.
Necessary special requirements
Must possess a valid South Carolina drivers license, have a good driving record, and have reliable transportation.
Knowledge, skill and ability requirements
Knowledge of financial record keeping and office administrative practices. Good command of English with strong business writing skills. Previous nonprofit management or administrative experience desirable but not mandatory. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work activities and tasks. Ability to communicate effectively and provide courteous service to donors, vendors, grant recipients, and other members of the public. Good judgement and discretion are critical requirements.
Please send a letter of intent, along with your resume and/or employment history to:
Greenwood County Community Foundation
110 Phoenix Street
Greenwood, SC 29646
email@example.com (please make “Admin Assistant” the subject line)
EEO; no phone calls, please