We are very excited to share the wonderful news of our second granting cycle for Greenwood Women Care! This year we are pleased to announce that $74,000 of new grant monies have been awarded to 10 nonprofits in our community because of generous contributions from GWC Members!
Applicant requests ranged from $2000 – $10,000. The Grants Review & Awards Committee gathered voting information obtained from the Survey Monkey ballots. Using the raw voting scores, the weighted average, and a percentile ranking based on the total granting amount, the Grants Review & Awards Committee employed a careful, detailed process to determine the number of projects to be funded and the amounts of each award.
The Greenwood Women Care Grant recipients of 2020 are:
- Alston Wilkes Society $6000 – to provide local staffing and financial assistance for reintegration of past offenders.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Lakelands $10,000 – for the Starz 24 Teen Center to provide a teen service specialist and to help with operating costs.
- Connie Maxwell Children’s Home $7000 – toward the renovation of Ouzts Cottage, future home to middle school-aged boys.
- Crossroads Pregnancy Center $7000 – to support a Earn While You Learn online parenting program and materials for soon-to-be-parents.
- Emerald City Rotary Foundation $6000 – for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program, providing a book each month for children under the age of 5.
- Food Bank of Greenwood County $10,000 – to purchase food and assist with operating expenses at the Food Bank and Lander Food Pantry.
- Greenwood Area Habitat for Humanity $7000 – for the purchase of residential construction materials for the Homeownership Program
- Greenwood Pathway House $2000 – to provide equipment and materials for a homeless client art therapy program.
- Healthy Learners $10,000 – to assist with staffing needs and to provide children with transportation to health care appointments.
- Project HOPE Foundation $10,000 – to provide staffing, training, and materials to parents of children with autism.
What an incredible impact Greenwood Women Care is having on our community of Greenwood County! We could not be prouder to have been part of the detailed work of presenting the process of voting to our Members. We are so pleased with our Members’ commitment to Learn, Give, and Grow!
GWC Grants Review & Awards Committee