GWC Grant Guidelines
Greenwood Women Care is committed to learning about needs and opportunities in Greenwood County and supporting nonprofit organizations that serve Greenwood County residents through our GWC Grants.
Thank you for your interest in GWC Grants. Please review the GWC Grant Guidelines to determine whether your organization’s program or project is suitable for GWC funding consideration.
GWC Grant Application and Process
Our 2021 GWC Grant cycle has concluded. The application for 2022 will be posted soon.
Applications for 2022 GWC Grants will be accepted from August 1-31, 2022.
The required Verification Checklist may be downloaded here.
Instructions for completing the downloaded form can be found here.
GWC 2021 Grant Awards
Please see the announcement of our GWC 2021 Grant Awards here.
GWC Women’s Health Grant
Greenwood Women Care (GWC) is pleased to announce a new grant initiative for this community. The GWC Women’s Health Grant will be offered in the first quarter of every other year, beginning in 2021.
The GWC Women’s Health Grant will support holistic care and health education to improve physical, mental, or social health and well-being. This grant is funded by a Field of Interest Fund endowed by Jim and Denise Medford and held by the Greenwood County Community Foundation.
The GWC Women’s Health Grant subcommittee developed the granting and evaluation process for this grant award. Those who served on the Women’s Health Grant subcommittee for the 2021 cycle are: Anne Craig (Chair), Kelly Addy, Sharlene Greene, Alice Hodges, Sally Kauffmann, Priya Kumar, Marilyn Murphy, Anit Vettukattil, and Mary Woodiwiss.
Please read about our 2021 GWC Women’s Health Grant award recipient here.
For the 2023 cycle:
The award will be made to an organization working to improve women’s health. The anticipated amount of the award will be announced for each cycle. Funded projects should occur between April 1 of the current year and April 30 of the following year.
Initially an interested organization should submit a brief letter of intent describing the project or need to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8. Several organizations will be selected to submit the full application, due March 15. The GWC Women’s Health review committee will notify the grant recipients and all other applicants by March 31 and funds will be made available by April 15.
Please refer to the GWC Women’s Health Grant Guidelines and the GWC Women’s Health Grant Application. Contact email@example.com with any additional questions.
GWC 2020 Grant Awards
Greenwood Women Care awarded $74,000 total in grant funding for ten nonprofits serving residents of Greenwood County. Grant recipients were determined by ranked voting by our Members.
GWC 2020 Grants were awarded to:
- Alston Wilkes Society $6000 – to provide local staffing and financial assistance for reintegration of past offenders.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Lakelands $10,000 – for the Starz 24 Teen Center to provide a teen service specialist and to help with operating costs.
- Connie Maxwell Children’s Home $7000 – toward the renovation of Ouzts Cottage, future home to middle school-aged boys.
- Crossroads Pregnancy Center $7000 – to support a Earn While You Learn online parenting program and materials for soon-to-be-parents.
- Emerald City Rotary Foundation $6000 – for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program, providing a book each month for children under the age of 5.
- Food Bank of Greenwood County $10,000 – to purchase food and assist with operating expenses at the Food Bank and Lander Food Pantry.
- Greenwood Area Habitat for Humanity $7000 – for the purchase of residential construction materials for the Homeownership Program
- Greenwood Pathway House $2000 – to provide equipment and materials for a homeless client art therapy program.
- Healthy Learners $10,000 – to assist with staffing needs and to provide children with transportation to health care appointments.
- Project HOPE Foundation $10,000 – to provide staffing, training, and materials to parents of children with autism.
GWC Grant Writing 101
Greenwood Women Care will offer our annual Grant Writing 101 workshop on Wednesday, July 28, 2021, from 10:00 am-12:30 pm. Grant Writing 101 will be open to the community at no charge. Registration process, location, and other details are TBA.
In 2020, we hosted 30 participants from local nonprofits. A video of our virtual 2020 Grant Writing 101 workshop may be found here. PLEASE NOTE: Due to recording errors, this video begins within the first informational session of the 2.5-hour long workshop.
GWC 2019 Grant Final Reports
Greenwood Women Care awarded grant totaling $47,625 to eight local nonprofits in 2019, our first granting year.
Final report summaries and photos submitted by each grantee have been compiled and may be viewed here. We hope you enjoy learning about what our 2019 GWC Grant recipients accomplished!